Friday, June 09, 2006

Inari Sushi


Inari Sushi
Originally uploaded by Pookiefatcat.

A very long time ago the Husband and I went to the Japanese grocery store and bought some stuff that we didn't know what to do with. We decided that it would be a nice challenge. 2 years later and some of it was still sitting in the freezer.

This is Inari Sushi. It's sushi rice mixed with sesame seeds, green onions, some seeweed and something else that came in the package that I can't identify and then stuffed into ready made soy protein pockets.

It was really easy to make - I only had to cook the rice, mix it with the seasoning packs that were included with the soy pockets and stuff away. I have a bit of rice leftover that I will make a salad with for tomorrow.

I have some wasabi and pickled ginger in a small tuooerware, and a bit of soy sauce too. This is going to be my lunch for today. I hope they taste as good as they look.

No comments: