Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I know I should say something witty

But today it's just not coming to me. I am sitting here with a blank screen and nothing is happening upstairs.

My parents came down for the weekend and we had a belated Xmas. We had the lamb and it turned out really well. I have a bunch of leftovers to use up soon, so dinner will include lamb in some form. We also went out for Vietnamese food on Saturday night. I had my usual Beef Sate Soup which I love.

They brought me back some yummies from England, a pack of Walnut Whips, some Rhubarb and Custard candies and Marks and Spencer Undies. I also got a really nice Greenwich Observatory snodome to add to the collection. I have a quite extensive collection, with cheesy snodomes from all over England, Paris and Canada. The tackier the better!

The Husband got a new outfit, I got some nice mixing bowls and napkin rings and Dad liked his Swiss Army knife. Mom loved her ring. I bought the ring back in the fall from Scott (of Wilkdesigns.com) I havent mentioned it before because I didn't want Mom to find out. It is a .6 carat ruby on a 14K gold band with holes drilled in it. It looks like modern filigree. I love it and she does too, so all is well in the world.

Worked a double shift yesterday, only one today and back to the doubles tomorrow.And that's about it for now. There will be more cooking this week, and a new entry for IMBB on the weekend. Stay tuned!

No comments: