Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Dinner at Home

Last night the Husband and I went out for a very belated Valentines dinner celebration. We went to a place called Home Bistro, downtown here in London. We had a very nice dinner.

We started with an amuse of seared tuna on cucumber. This was nice but we felt it would have been better hot rather than cold. I had a salad of organic greens with stilton pear and the Husband had a Caesar salad with panchetta.

For the mains, I had duck confit with sweet potato mash, braised leeks and cranberry wine reduction. Yum! I love duck. The Husband had pistachio crusted Sea Bass on a rosti potato pancake with baby carrots and beans.

For dessert I had a strawberry creme brulee, and the husband had flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sorbet.With drinks, wine, coffee and tip it was about 160$ Not bad at all. Plus they give you homemade fudge with the bill.

It's nice going out not on the actual Valentines Day, much less crowded and more intimate.Today we cleaned the house and made a pile of stuff to take to Goodwill. I still have to go to work tonight, but it's only for five hours so it's not so bad.

No comments: