Monday, April 04, 2005

The Beast

I want to tell you a story. This story stars a regular person. This person is usually a reasonable levelheaded type. (Though some may disagree) But every once and a while this person is taken over by THE BEAST!!

Wooooo!

Okay, yes the person is me. The beast is the Husbands name for what happens to me when I get really hungry. If I don't eat for a while, or we have been doing a lot of activity I can get very... um..... testy. I get shaky and angry and very stressed out. The first few times I couldnt figure out what was happening. All I knew was that I wanted to kill someone for no particular reason.

It doesnt happen a lot and is very random. I can be very hungry sometimes and no beast, or inversly I can be not hungry at all and snap.

Now that we have figured it out all I have to say is "I am getting Beasty" and the Husband knows to find food now!

I have also taken to keeping some candy in my purse just in case. I am sure it's probably some medical thing, but I have never bothered to get it checked out. Now that I know what's happening and how to fix it it seems kind of silly to go to the doctor and say 'sometimes I get hungry".

No comments: