Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tired

Last night I cooked up a feast. We had roast duck, mashed potatoes with buttermilk and onion confit, dressing and sauteed vegetables. And Chocolate chip cookies for dessert. (I had a busy day in the kitchen)

Duck is really fatty and I now have a jor of duck fat in the fridge for cooking with later. Mmmm Duck fat....After dinner we were really stuffed and watched TV for a while when the Husband suggested that we go snuggle for a while on the bed. Off we went and I guess we both fell asleep cause I woke up at 11. The Husband put me back in bed and I slept through till 7:30 this morning. So that makes 11.5 hours of sleep. I must have needed it, because I don't normally sleep that much.

I am usually a 7-8 hours a night person. I can function on less than that, but it's not pretty. It gets less pretty the more days in a row I try and do it.

Only 13 more days till Halifax! I made us reservations at the hostel. They have a kitchen so we can go really cheap on meals and just heat up frozen dinner and stuff.

That way we can spend all our money on beer.

No comments: