Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Vacation Days 3,4 & 5

Continuing onwards....

We spent Friday with my Aunt and Uncle near Perth. They took us out on their boat and the weather was great. We saw a loon up close, lots of frogs and fish and a woodpecker. We also got to go swimming in the lake which was cool and refreshing and wonderful. I miss doing that. Swimming in a small lake up north is so very different than one of the Great lakes.

After lunch we went into town and did a bit of shopping. Perth is a really pretty city and there was a lot of nice stuff. There were some great kitchenware shops and I saw some things I really liked. But since this vacation is making a dent in the finances I had to leave them all there.

For dinner they made us steak and potatoes and creamed peas and carrots. With some homemade bread. Nothing super fancy but it sure was tasty. My Aunt had also made some blueberry cheesecake for dessert. We had that with a glass of the Ice Cider from Waupoos.

Saturday we were in Belleville for my in-laws 40th anniversary party. We were in charge of getting the cake, the buns and some tomatoes and onions. The party started at 2:00 and there were about 25 people there. There was also enough food for 50. We had taco dip, a veggie tray, fruit tray, cheese tray, shrimp and crap tray, sliced meats, buns, potato salad, coleslaw, broccoli salad and a big cake. And an open bar. I was so stuffed by the time it was over. Musicgirl was also there, she was on her way to Hamilton for a wedding and we were her ride.

The next morning there was a brunch at another sister's place. Oh my god more food. We had bacon and sausage, eggs, muffins, quick bread, toast, turnovers, all the leftovers from the day before and an ice cream cake. I thought I was going to explode. I cooked most of the eggs. There is a hen house right next door so they were super fresh, just collected. My Father in-law was showing off his dowsing talents and we all tried it. It worked for the Husband, but I stood on top of the well and nothing happened except I got a sliver. Oh well.

We went to visit my great Aunt and Uncle who live in the same town and had a quick beer. Then we boogied to Toronto to have dinner with Scott and his wife. The only stop we made on the was was to pick a bunch of wild grapes and to have a pee. We went to a Japanese place in Yorkville for dinner. It was really tasty. It was one of those places where they cook the food right in front of you. I was still full from brunch so I just had soup, which was huge and I couldn't finish. After dinner we went for a walk and had some ice cream.

We dropped Musicgirl at her Mom's place and made it home by 11:30pm. I need a vacation!

No comments: