Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Thai Dinner


Tonight for Dinner I made us a Thai-style feast. (I say Thai-Style because it's probably not even close to authentic.) I did up a Green Curry with Chicken and assorted vegetables. I topped it with green onion and chopped peanuts.

I also made a Green Mango Salad with some mango slivers, finely sliced red onion and red pepper, a bunch of cilantro and a handful of toasted cashews. The dressing was lime juice, sugar and fish sauce. This was my favorite part of the meal. It was tangy and sweet and yummy. I can't wait to make it again.

I fried up some shrimp chips. These really look like styrofoam but they have a nice crisp texture and a vague shrimp taste. I also made a bit of peanut sauce for dipping.

There was rice too but we have all seen rice and I didn't take a picture.

I thought I had made way too much food but we ate almost all of it. I was really, really impressed with everything. I am certainly going to be doing this again soon. YUM!

2 comments:

Nicholas said...

You could make your rice more interesting next time by making sticky rice!
Your post has reminded me to make sure I learn all of my mother's recipe. She's thai!

Anonymous said...

The left overs were great too!
(by the way Nicholas it was sticky rice)