Friday, May 05, 2006

Corporate Buzzword Bingo

Today I went to a conference held by my "Professional Association" It was the first time since I joined that I have been able to attend. Usually it is in some far off province and there is no way I can go. So, Yay! I was only able to attend 1 day of the events but it was fun.

We got our bags of swag, including a black back with hand sanitizer, cereal, water, a pen and a mini battery operated fan. I also won a cook book in the door prize drawings. We were fed breakfast and lunch and had a mini trade show with lots of samples.

I also attended two training seminars. One was on stress management where I discovered that now that I don't work the crazy 65 hours weeks anymore I am remarkably un-stressed. I also have a well balanced life. Whee!! It may have something to do with the fact that I only have to work 3 days next week and one of those days is another training day where I just have to sit and listen.

The other training seminar was spectacularly useless to me except for the playing of buzzword bingo.
We got:
Benchmark
Paradigm Shift
Strategic Partnership
Transparency
And a whole bunch more.

In all not a bad day considering. I have some semi-useful swag and I got a day away from work with pay. We should do that more often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot seamless integration

Moon said...

Hey Christine...took me longer then I thought but finally got some pics up on my blog of your Blinkys lol...http://moonbeamsincyberspace.blogspot.com/ hope you enjoy seeing them again lol...and the dogs both send you big hugs of thanks...