Tuesday, December 07, 2004

And so it begins

I start my new job today. I am pretty apprehensive about it because I have been trying to reach them for a few days to firm up my schedule, and they have not called back. The last message I left just said "I am showing up on Tuesday, like it or not" We will see what happens.

Supposedly, I am going to be working about four days a week at the new place. That means that four days a week I will be working 6:30 am to 8:30 pm with a one hour break between the two to drive. It's going to be interesting. I know I can do it, it's not everyday but Dang!, it's going to be hard.

I must have slept funny on my hip last night, because there is a weird ache on one side. It doesn't really hurt as much as it simply imposes on my awareness. Still, it's fun to obsess.

I poured the last of the Cuba rum on the fruitcake last night. The family better appreciate it. We ate the shepherds pie for dinner and it was ok. I plan to make vanilla-cherry-chocolate ice cream this week, probably on Friday. Friday is also the third installment of Sugar High Friday. Yum!

No comments: