Sunday, December 05, 2004

Fruitcake

I made a fruit cake today. I started yesterday with a trip to the bulk store to get all my dried fruits. I took my new digital scale so I could just get what I needed and not end up with a few pounds of raisins and currants left over. I mixed all the fruit in a bowl and poured about a cup of Rum over top. Here are the fruits all mixed with the rum.

I left the fruit overnight and it soaked up most of the rum. Today I mixed up the cake and added the fruit. It makes a very heavy batter, that you don't as much cook as you just dry out. It took 2 1/2 hours to cook my cake. Once it was out of the oven, I brushed more rum on top and wrapped it in foil. Tomorrow when it's cool, I will brush it again with rum and hide it away. It should be ready just in time for Xmas.

I had meant to take pictures of the batter and the cake, but the Husband was on the computer, and our digital camera is still the kind that needs to be attached to work. Plus, I just plum forgot. But enjoy that one, I think the fruits are kind of jewel like.

I also got my rice pudding made, and made a shepherds pie for tomorrows dinner.

No comments: