Friday, December 03, 2004

New job, free books and fruit cake

Yay! Me! I got a new job. My current contract ends in February and then I drop to part time. In order to keep buying groceries and paying for an Internet connection I needed to get another job. So I did. I just didn't think it would happen so fast. Mom was the one who spotted it. It was the weekend they came down to visit. I applied, they called, we interviewed and the rest is history. I start Tuesday. It does mean that I will be working one full time job and one part time job for the next month and a half, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Yesterday I released a book into the wild. BookCrossing.com is a neat website where you can release and hunt books that have been released. They have books everywhere and a hunting expedition could be a lot of fun. My book was released at 5:15pm last night by the sugar in the grocery store. It will be interesting to see who finds it, and where it ends up. Why not try it your self? It only costs a book, and who doesn't have way too many of those hanging around?

We went out for Dinner last night too, to a place called Muldoon's Pizza. Despite the strange name, the food was very good. We both had Brios and we shared an order of Mozzarella sticks. The Husband had a Panzerotti that was about the size of a football and I had a personal pizza with pepperoni, pineapple, hot peppers and mushrooms. It was very delicious. We also shared a slice of Tiramisu. The whole meal was very tasty and the best part was that it only came to 31.00$ !!!! We will definitely be going back there.

This weekend I am doing some cleaning and making a fruit cake. I know most people don't like the stuff, but the Husband and I do, and really what could be better than rum soaked cake? I will be using some of the rum from Cuba. I am also going to be working on my entry for the next edition of Sugar High Friday. I am planning on making a nutmeg and cardamom infused rice pudding. You won't get to see the results of that until the 10th of December though, so be patient. I will post pictures of the Fruit Cake Making Process though, in case you are interested.

No comments: