Friday, December 24, 2004

Stupid Snow... (grumble, grumble)

Yesterday we got hit with a big snowstorm. About 30 Cm of snow fell in about 12 hours. The drive into work was treacherous, and the Husband insisted on driving me in. Very sweet of him, but turned out not to be a good idea. We made it to work alright, and he made it back to town in one piece, but then he got stuck. Our parking lot didn't get fully plowed until about 11:30 last night. He tried and tried to get the car out of the lot, but it was not to be. I ended up spending the afternoon at a co-workers house and another co-worker drove me home.

It did mean that I am a little further behind in my Christmas prep than I wanted to be, but I got most of it done. I also managed to buy a pair of boots. I needed those, snow was getting in my shoes! I baked cookies, did up the dishes, finished wrapping and packing, cleaned the cat box and watered all the plants. The husband needs to add his presents to the pile, pack his stuff, dig out our stockings and wrestle with the Jurassic Ham.

He was lucky enough to get a giant ham in his staff Christmas party give away. Seriously, this thing is over 30 pounds. It takes up the entire top shelf in the fridge. I fear the wire will collapse. We are taking it to his Mother's house and having it for Boxing Day dinner. For Christmas we are going to his sister's place. My parents buggered off and went to England leaving me here with no parents... Sob! (Hi Mom and Dad! Hope you are having fun, Merry Christmas!)

We leave tonight after we both finish work. So, probably 9:00pm or so. It's a four hour drive, so we wont arrive until 1:00 or 2:00am. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather will hold.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas, or Festivus, or whatever you celebrate. Happy Statutory Holiday Everyone!

No comments: