Sunday, March 13, 2005

Cooking Wish Lists

There are two kinds of cooking wish lists. Lists of things you wish you had in your kitchen to cook with and things that you want to cook. I of course have both.I made up this list last week and stuck it on my fridge so that I will have inspiration when I go and cook dinner.

Roast chicken with Pinenuts and Raisins on Noodles (done and eaten)
Meatloaf (also done and eaten)
No Sugar Added Cherry Leather (done, but destined for Musicgirl in Montreal)
Lasagna
Multigrain Bread
Pork Red Curry
Chocolate Guinness Cakes (From the Nigella cook book I got at Xmas)
Pink (pasta with beets and sour cream. Better than it sounds)
Eggplant Parmesan
Key Lime Cheesecake
Inarizushi (sushi rice in Bean curd pockets)
Stuffed Shells
Spinach Pie (my Mom used to make this. Also better than it sounds)
Yogurt
Fresh Cheese with hot peppers and olives

I am slowly working my way through the list and then I get to make a new one. This way I can always remember what fun things I was going to cook and not get stuck in my rut everyday.

The other cooking wish list is smaller, but I am less likely to actually get anything off it.

A 12 cup Food Processor (expensive!)
A Dehydrator (I don't really need this but How Fun!)
Pretty Sparkly spatulas
This Knife Block
The pasta maker attachment for my Kitchen Aide
A fancy espresso maker with steamer (and I don't even drink coffee)
A House with a Whole New Kitchen (yeah, right)

I suppose I could make a case for the spatulas but the rest is not about to happen. Oh well, a girl can dream right?

No comments: