Thursday, March 10, 2005

Hair

Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair.
Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen.
Give me down to there hair, shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there, momma, ev'rywhere, daddy, daddy.

I am trying to grow out my hair. For years and years I have had really short hair. My hair has not been longer than my chin since I was 16 and not longer than 3 inches since 19. So as you can see, short hair.

But I have decided to grow it out. It's down to my earlobes again. I am aiming for my shoulders but I know that's going to take a while. I also made it blonde. I have been a redhead for a few years now, usually with spikes or really tousled. Now it's straight and blonde.

The husband has never known me with longer hair. This is the longest he has ever seen it. Personally I love my short hair and would keep it that way still, but he wanted to see how it looks. Seems a fair trade. I made him grow the beard many years ago because I wanted to see how it looked. He loved it and kept it. I will grow out my hair and see what I think.

But maybe I will be brunette next.

I want long, straight, curly, fuzzy, snaggy,
shaggy, ratty, matty,oily, greasy, fleecy,
shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen,
knotted, polka dotted, twisted, beaded, braided,
powered, flowered and confettied, bangled,
tangled, spangled and spahettied.

Hair-The Musical, 1967

No comments: