Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Halifax Day 2 - Ow my feet.

Musicgirl got here about 9:45 last night. We had tea and decided that we were both too exhausted to go out. So we crashed.

This morning we went out for breakfast. To a cute little place near the hostel called Bob and Lori's Food Experience. Musicgirl had granola with banana and soy milk and an Organic Fair Trade coffee. I had a Hummus sandwich on seedy bread with sprouts and grated carrot and tomato. Plus I had a glass of fresh smooshed apple juice. Yum. Nothing like a garliky breakfast.

We walked down to the waterfront and walked along the habour. It was the first time Musicgirl had seen the ocean. It's quite a nice walk and we wandered out onto some wharves and looked at water in different places. We also went to the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. That was s cool place. They had artifacts from the Titanic and other shipwrecks around Nova Scotia. I think we spent about 3 hours there. We got to meet the Former Fire Chief of Halifax who restores model boats now that he is retired.

For lunch we went to a Pub for Fish and Chips. We also had beer, because well, Beer! I had Garrisons Irish Red and Musicgirl had Clancys Amber. Yum on both accounts.After lunch we wanted to find a grocery store because we can't be spending all our money on restaurants when we could be spending it on Beer! We also walked around a bit more and did some window shopping. Halifax is one huge hill and my knees and legs and feet are killing me. I have problems with my feet as it is, but all this walking is really making them hurt.

Tonight we are going out for Music and Beer. Tomorrow we have rented a car and are driving to Lunenberg and Peggy's cove. I am really excited and it means I get to SIT and not make my feet hurt more. But I think the Beer will help dull the pain.

Beer anyone?

No comments: