Saturday, July 23, 2005

Beautiful day at the beach

Friday the Husband and I went to the beach. The day started out a little overcast and rainy, but by 10am it had cleared and was shaping up to be a great day. We stopped at Subway to pick up some lunch and drove out to Ipperwash. We got gas on the Reserve and made our way to the park.

We had a big blanket and beach towels in the back and our swim suits on under our clothes. We lubed up with the SPF 50 and laughed about how white we are. I spent several summer as a lifeguard when I was a teenager and had the typical teenage "I am invincible" attitude. I didn't wear much sunblock those days. Now I am pretty fanatical about it. Hence the SPF 50.

We went swimming for a while, the waves were pretty big and it was hard work. We didn't go out too deep because it was so rough. Normally we would have gone further, but we didn't want to get sucked into the undertow. After about 45 minutes swimming we headed inland for lunch.

We waited the requisite time before going in again, I read a book and the Husband took a nap in the sun. I am sure I looked like quite the dork with my hat and shirt and sarong and a towel over my feet. But hey! Today I am not sumburned in the least.

We went back in and the waves were even bigger. We stayed closer to shore and let them push us around. I got sand in all sorts of unmentionable places and it was tons of fun. And good exercise too.

Today I am very tired and had a hard time dragging my butt out of bed. I really didn't want to come to work and would love another day off. It's not too bad this time though. I work 8 days and then have 2 off. I am eagerly awating those two days.

The Husband's Father is in town tonight and I am not sure if we are going out for dinner or if he is coming over and I am cooking. I took one of the dinners I made with Randi out of the freezer just in case he comes over. If not, I will have it for lunch over the next few days.

No comments: