Monday, July 04, 2005

A long time in the car

Saturday night the Husband got off work early, so we decided to go to the movies. He wanted to see War of the Worlds and there was nothing I wanted to see so we did. At first I really didn't like it. I hate disaster movies. The ones about volcanoes and earthquakes and people running and dying and the world collapsing. Gives me nightmares. And this one started out like that. I was mad at the Husband for making me go. But then the aliens, actual CGI aliens showed up and from then on in it was just sci-fi and I could deal. Ton Cruise was ok, but the Tooth! Was kind of distracting.

Sunday I spent the Morning with the Husband. We went for a long walk and had a great chat. We had some pizza for lunch and a nice salad. We hung out. We don't get to do that a lot.

Sunday afternoon I was heading for Toronto to have dinner with Gemgirl. I left about 1:00 thinking that it left me plenty of time to get there for 3:30. NOT! I hit a huge traffic jam near Milton. It took 2.5 hours to go about 25KM. I made it to Gemgirl's house 5.5 hours after I left home.

We went to Koreatown for dinner and it was yummy. I had Bi Bim Bap and she had noodles. There were also the many little dishes that you get a Korean restaurants. Marinated tofu, potatoes in a sweet sauce, Duc in another spicy sauce, kelp in vinegar, pickled bean sprouts and Kimchi. Despite all that I didn't eat too much. After dinner we walked for quite a while. For those familiar with Toronto; Christie to Sherbourne. For those not, it took about an hour. We got back to her place and had tea and I headed home. It only took 2 hours to get home, thankfully.

No comments: