Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Yummy Lunch

So I have been on a diet. My doctor told me I HAD to lose weight so I have been trying ever since. And it's working! Most of the reason it's working is that I am taking my meals with me to work and not eating in the cafeteria or the snack shop. I am eating healthy and watching my portions.That said, today I have a very Yummy Lunch.

Last night I assembled all my food and wanted something a little more fun than a sandwich. So I perused the cupboards and found some makings.

Today I have Bean thread noodle salad with ginger, garlic and sesame dressing and cucumber.

Marinated tofu in mango wasabi sauce.

Bing Cherries.

I even brought some chop sticks to eat with.
I boiled 60 grams of bean thread noodles until done. In my lunch tupperware I mixed 1 tbsp of vinegar with 1 tsp of sesame oil, 1 grated clove of garlic, a nice grating of fresh ginger, a squeeze of chili garlic sauce, salt and pepper. I chopped up a length of cucumber and added that too. A sprinkle of parsely and I was done. (The tofu was Pete's tofu to go, I cheated there.)

It looks really good and smells heavenly. And the whole shebang is low in fat and calories too. I think it helps that I like tofu. The Pete's stuff is really good and a great place to start if you are not a tofu lover. It comes ready to serve with sauce. All you do is heat it up or eat it cold.

No comments: