Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Duck Noodle Soup


Duck Noodle Soup
Originally uploaded by Pookiefatcat.

Last night for dinner we had a roast chicken. Nothing special but today we still had the bones. I decided to make some stock.

The chicken bones, some carrot and celery simmered away for a few hours. And then I was inspired. I added some of the frozen turkey stock that I had, some ginger, peppercorns and a small stick of cinnamon.

Once everything had a good simmer I chopped some cabbage, broccoli and green onions. I cooked some noodles in the stock and popped them in the bowls. The veggies went in next and finally the slices of duck. I just wanted to warm those, not cook them.

And Voila!

(I guess you could really call this Poulty Noodle soup as there is chicken, turkey and Duck in there.)

No comments: